Thyssenkrupp Elevator CompanyThyssenkrupp Elevator (Canada) Limited is a division of their large German multinational conglomerate Thyssenkrupp AG. Thyssenkrupp Canada (TKE Group / TK Elevators) installs new elevators and they modernize, repair and maintain elevators. Elevator One also provides installation services and they modernize, repair and maintain elevators. About Elevator One Elevator One only installs high-quality non-proprietary elevator equipment for new installations, and their construction crews work with the end customer and General Contractors to consistently meet tight project deadlines. Elevator One’s modernization crews are some of the best trained elevator technicians in the province and customers continue to rave about the quality of their work and their ability to meet or exceed tight deadlines. Finally, Elevator One provides truly exceptional elevator maintenance services. Our technicians are some of the most highly trained elevator mechanics in Ontario. This includes schooling (college diplomas), and on-going in-house training which keeps them abreast of the latest and oldest technologies. Elevator One customers continue to enjoy significant elevator uptime. This is achieved because Elevator One technicians are provided the time they require to provide proactive elevator maintenance. And when there is a trouble call, Elevator One is able to quickly get elevators up and running because technicians have a significant parts supply in their service vehicles and nearby in the Elevator One office.
15 Minute Emergency Response Time
And We’ll Be On-Site in Just 1 Hour!
Let us answer your questions1.800.465.7069
Send us a message
Compare Thyssenkrupp Elevator Services
At Elevator One we provide the same high-level of services integrity and quality. We deal with commercial lift services, accesses and wheelchair elevators, and material / freight elevators.
Request Your On-Site Survey
Call 1(800) 465-7069 or fill out this form
Why Choose Elevator One?
It’s important to choose an elevator maintenance company you can trust, not all companies are equal. Here are four reasons why you should choose Elevator One for your maintenance services.
Better Maintenance Equals Less DowntimeOur technicians have sufficient time to perform preventative maintenance which minimizes downtime.
7x Less Breakdowns Than Industry AverageWe have an average of 0.9 trouble calls per elevator per year, compared to an industry average of more than 6!
We Take Breakdowns Very SeriouslyNew customers constantly rave about how quickly we deal with elevator breakdowns – we care!
That Means 10x Less DowntimeWith only 0.9 trouble calls/elevator/year, and our quick response to breakdowns, our customers enjoy 10x less downtime.
How do we do it?
- Our elevators fail 7x less than our competitors, that’s because we spend 4-5x more time on-site doing proper preventative maintenance
- When things do go wrong we respond on average within 15 minutes and are on-site within the hour
- We have far superior technicians that are very professional and friendly
- We have one of the largest inventories of elevator parts in our warehouse and in our vans, way more than our competitors. Unlike our competition, we can often resolve your problem on the first visit because the part is probably in our van, and you won’t have to wait weeks for it to come in.
- Unique in the industry, our team also consists of an in-house EDM-A certified Professional Engineer (P-Eng) with over 30 years of elevator experience.
Let us answer your question1.800.465.7069
Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Canada) Limited provides Elevator Repair Services to the Canadian marketplace. Elevator One provides exceptional Elevator Repair Services in the Central Ontario marketplace. We consistently receive feedback from our customers that our teams repair elevators with impressive speed and exceptional quality. Our superior service starts with receiving the call. While many elevator companies have international call centres (who frequently don’t know the difference between Bradford and Bracebridge or Orillia and Orangeville), our phones are answered 24/7 by local operators who know the area well. Our technicians are quickly dispatched, they call the owner contact within minutes, arrive on site promptly, and they consistently have the elevator up and running in short order because they usually have the necessary parts in their service vehicles or at the Elevator One shop nearby. Customers who had their elevators maintained by other elevator contractors previously, consistently tell us that previously their elevators were often down for days or even weeks, as they waited on parts unnecessarily. With Elevator One they are up and running quickly because of their expertise and parts availability.
Thyssenkrupp Canada provides preventative maintenance services. Elevator One also provides preventative maintenance services and we have been fortunate to recently take over large accounts from competitors because of our superior service. Customers operating in sectors such as manufacturing, long term care, and hotels & entertainment, have come to Elevator One because they have critical needs for elevator uptime and Elevator One has been able to drastically improve their elevator performance. In doing so we provide customers with significant cost savings, and efficiency increases. In each case, our customers have been ecstatic with the positive (and almost immediate) difference we have made for them. A key differentiator is that, at Elevator One, we give our technicians sufficient time to do proper preventative maintenance which is rare today. While some competitors have run into issues with the TSSA regulator and even courts, Elevator One has the highest possible standing with TSSA and we provide our maintenance customers with the exemplary maintenance they deserve. Our highly trained team continues to learn through on-going night school and are tops in the industry.
Thyssenkrupp Canada undertakes elevator modernization projects. As Elevator Modernizations, also referred to as Elevator Upgrades, require significant skill and the full participation of an entire team, Elevator One has some significant advantages over our competitors in the elevator industry. While larger elevator companies theoretically have numerous elevator engineers and project managers at their disposal, the reality is that Elevator One has significantly more qualified local staff available in Central Ontario. Elevator One has an in-house Professional Engineer (P-Eng) with more than 30 years experience in designing and modernizing elevators and he is a class A (EDM-A) elevator mechanic so he understands the projects from a technician’s perspective. Additionally, we have project managers, each with more than 30 years experience in the elevator trade, and countless modernization projects under their belts. Along with highly trained elevator technicians who specialize in modernizations, our customers inform us that the Elevator One team consistently outperforms our competition, because of our uniquely qualified staff. Whether performing straight-forward modernizations, or more complex projects in challenging environments, our Elevator One modernization team excels.
Thyssenkrupp provides new elevator installation services for the construction industry. Elevator One also installs new elevators for new construction. Elevator One only installs non-proprietary equipment, meaning our customers are not forced to stay with us for maintenance, but rather they stay with us because of our superior quality. We choose to install equipment from high quality elevator manufacturers such as Delta Elevator who produces their equipment in Ontario, Canada, rather than oversees. Our project managers and our construction crews work commit to “working with” contractors and customers, rather than “working against” them, as we often hear when customers talk about their experience with other elevator contractors. While charging “extras” is common practise for elevator contractors, “extra charges” are the exception rather than the rule for us. Elevator One has never been the source of delay on a new construction project, and we consistently impress contractors as we meet or beat our deadlines.
Types of elevators
We install, repair and maintain both hydraulic elevators and traction (roped) elevators.
OverheadTraditional overhead roped elevators have machine rooms which are situated directly above the elevator hoistway. While other traction elevator types like machineroomless (MRLs), have gained popularity, overhead traction elevators have some significant post construction advantages. With the key elevator equipment easily accessible, including controllers, elevator machines and braking systems, maintenance technicians can easily access for preventative maintenance.
BasementWhile less frequent, in certain applications it makes sense to have the key traction elevator equipment in a basement machine room. Again, the advantage of this configuration over an MRL, is post construction where equipment is easily accessible to maintenance technicians.
MachineroomlessMachineroomless (MRL) traction elevators have gained popularity in the past decade. Architects, in particular, appreciate this technology because the aesthetically displeasing machine room at the top of a building is no longer needed. The key elevator equipment is found inside the elevator hoistway. The disadvantage of MRLs is that much of the equipment is proprietary to the installing manufacturer leading to challenges post installation. Learn More
IngroundTraditional hydraulic elevator have an inground hydraulic cylinder that is attached below the elevator cab. The advantage to this technology is a quieter ride and the required hoistway size is smaller than a holeless hydraulic elevator where the cylinders are attached to the outside of the cab. The disadvantage of this technology can be high drilling costs (depending on the ground type such as rock) or difficult drilling due to water issues.
HolelessAs the name suggests, a holeless hydraulic elevator does not require that a hole be drilled for the cylinder. Typically, a holeless hydraulic elevator will have cylinders that are attached to the outside of the elevator cab. The advantage to this technology is that contractors do not need to coordinate hole drilling very early in the building project, and ground type is not an issue.
MachineroomlessMRL hydraulic elevators are a relatively new technology. With this technology the required machine room (which houses the hydraulic tank) is no longer needed because it is situated within the hoistway. The disadvantages of this technology is that the equipment is generally very proprietary and very difficult to access for maintenance, thus increasing maintenance costs. Learn More
Whether basic or comprehensive full maintenance contracts, we have the maintenance service to meet your needs.
- People may be surprised to hear that the average price of elevator maintenance services has decreased by nearly 25% percent in the past 25 years, despite elevator mechanic wages more than doubling in this time. Unfortunately, most elevator contractors have just reduced the amount of time on site to a point where legally required services are not even being performed – so lowest “initial price” means nothing. Aside from putting your riders’ safety in jeopardy, and putting your own license in jeopardy with the TSSA, the lack of preventative maintenance also drastically reduces the life span of your equipment, wiping away any savings you get from low “initial prices”. At Elevator One we have found ways to streamline our operations with technology and have been able to keep prices reasonable, but we charge fair maintenance prices which allow us to offer our customers exceptional preventative maintenance services which ensure rider safety and maximize equipment longevity.
- We have a 24/7 emergency response line with live operators. While almost all elevator contactors will claim the same, ask whether those calls are being answered locally or overseas? Our customers appreciate that the person answering the phone is local and knows the difference between Bradford and Brampton, Parry Sound and Port Perry. Calls are dispatched immediately to our on-call technician and a call is made back to the customer by the technician, typically within 15 minutes, to coordinate the work. For emergency calls, such as entrapments, Elevator One dispatches the closest technician to take the call. While we hear many sad stories of elevator riders being entrapped for multiple hours, because of the many technicians we have (devoted to the Central Ontario market), we have most passengers released in less than 30 minutes, and within 60 minutes for more remote locations.
- Our team is trained to undertake maintenance on all licenced elevating devices in Ontario. In terms of technology, we maintain: inground, holeless and machineroomless (MRL) hydraulic elevators, and we maintain overhead traction and machineroomless (MRL) roped elevators. We also maintain a wide variety of accessibility elevators including: Limited Use/Limited Application (LULA) elevators, Vertical Platform Lifts (VPLs), stair platform lifts and stairchairs. In terms of manufacturer’s equipment that we currently maintain, the list is very long but includes: Otis, Schindler, Thyssen Krupp, Delta, Armor, Dover, Federal, Montgomery, Northern, Concord, Cambridge, Garaventa, Niagara, Robertson and many more. We have a large parts inventory to help us repair those elevators quickly, whether they were installed in 1968 or 2018.
- In the past few years we have had some very high profile customers move from large multinational elevator contractors to Elevator One. In each case, they have critical elevators to their business and need a premium service elevator contractor. Apotex Pharmaceuticals has freight elevators which are critical to their production line, vertically transporting raw materials and finished products. Their previous elevator contractor could not keep their elevators operating at an acceptable level of performance which was costing Apotex tens of thousands of dollars in downtime. Within months, Elevator One was able to drastically improve the performance, and Apotex is pleased to provide us with glowing references. Jarlette Health Services manages a large number of care homes for the elderly, and their previous multinational elevator company could not adequately respond to service requests, keeping some critical elevators down for weeks and drastically affecting the quality of living for residents. Again, Elevator One was able to come in and quickly deal with legacy issues and implement a new level of professionalism and elevator reliability. These are just a couple of the many stories we can share of the difference we have been able to make for our customers.