Elevator Maintenance CompanyElevator Repairs require unique skills. While all elevator contractors undertake repairs, few have invested as heavily as Elevator One into developing the most highly qualified and trained elevator mechanics in the country, and providing them the backing necessary to support our customers. Unique to the industry, after many years of formal training, Elevator One technicians continue to attend in-house night school learning about the myriad of old elevator technologies and the newest technologies as well. Our elevator mechanics arrive with heavily stocked maintenance vans with the most frequently needed parts. To reduce customer downtime, we also have an extremely large supply of required parts in our Barrie head office. This makes us stand out from our competitors. #1 Rated by TSSA – Serving Ontario for 26 Years !
15 Minute Emergency Response Time
And We’ll Be On-Site in Just 1 Hour!
Elevator Maintenance Contract Cost
Whether basic or comprehensive full maintenance contracts, we have the maintenance service to meet your needs.
LOGLabour, Oil, Grease We provide regular, routine preventative maintenance on the elevating lift to provide a safe lift and meets the CAN/CSA B44 and B355 Safety Codes as governed by the TSSA in Ontario. We provide visual check for unsafe conditions, lubrication of components as required and making minor adjustments. All additional parts, and any additional visits are chargeable Get a Quote
FMFull Maintenance We provide all the LOG work as described above, and additionally:regularly and systematically examine, adjust, lubricate as required, and if conditions warrant, repair or replace an exhaustive list of parts on the elevator (note: many of our competitors exclude very expensive parts like motors, hoisting ropes, machine etc. In doing so they remove their liability and place it on you the customer. We find this approach unscrupulous if you are calling it a full elevator maintenance contract). The only exclusions are industry standard such as: items in the elevator car. Get a Quote
FMXExtended Full Maintenance Best value! We provide all the LOG work, and the FM work, and additionally: this elevator maintenance contract includes emergency minor adjustment callback service 24/7, including calls that are outside of business hours (i.e. overtime calls) the included and excluded parts are the same as with the FM service Get a Quote
Request Your Quote
We would love to provide you with a maintenance, modernization or new installation quote. Kindly fill out the following and we will respond promptly.
Extend Your Elevator Lifetime
How our elevator maintenance services save you moneyWith a comprehensive preventative maintenance plan in place, delivered by a reputable company most elevators can be in service for more than 25 years before requiring major modernizations. There is higher reliability of the elevators as issues can often be found proactively thus avoiding potential shut-downs. The service life of the elevator can be significantly extended by replacing or repairing parts before they cause wear on other components; good preventive maintenance can extend the life of elevator equipment by 10 years or more. From a financial perspective, owners are often able to avoid unplanned repairs due to improper maintenance.
Common QuestionsHere are common questions we receive regarding maintenance. Click the questions for answers.
- People may be surprised to hear that the average price of elevator maintenance services has decreased by nearly 25% percent in the past 25 years, despite elevator mechanic wages more than doubling in this time. Unfortunately, most elevator contractors have just reduced the amount of time on site to a point where legally required services are not even being performed – so lowest “initial price” means nothing. Aside from putting your riders’ safety in jeopardy, and putting your own license in jeopardy with the TSSA, the lack of preventative maintenance also drastically reduces the life span of your equipment, wiping away any savings you get from low “initial prices”. At Elevator One we have found ways to streamline our operations with technology and have been able to keep prices reasonable, but we charge fair maintenance prices which allow us to offer our customers exceptional preventative maintenance services which ensure rider safety and maximize equipment longevity.
- We have a 24/7 emergency response line with live operators. While almost all elevator contactors will claim the same, ask whether those calls are being answered locally or overseas? Our customers appreciate that the person answering the phone is local and knows the difference between Bradford and Brampton, Parry Sound and Port Perry. Calls are dispatched immediately to our on-call technician and a call is made back to the customer by the technician, typically within 15 minutes, to coordinate the work. For emergency calls, such as entrapments, Elevator One dispatches the closest technician to take the call. While we hear many sad stories of elevator riders being entrapped for multiple hours, because of the many technicians we have (devoted to the Central Ontario market), we have most passengers released in less than 30 minutes, and within 60 minutes for more remote locations.
- Our team is trained to undertake maintenance on all licenced elevating devices in Ontario. In terms of technology, we maintain: inground, holeless and machineroomless (MRL) hydraulic elevators, and we maintain overhead traction and machineroomless (MRL) roped elevators. We also maintain a wide variety of accessibility elevators including: Limited Use/Limited Application (LULA) elevators, Vertical Platform Lifts (VPLs), stair platform lifts and stairchairs. In terms of manufacturer’s equipment that we currently maintain, the list is very long but includes: Otis, Schindler, Thyssen Krupp, Delta, Armor, Dover, Federal, Montgomery, Northern, Concord, Cambridge, Garaventa, Niagara, Robertson and many more. We have a large parts inventory to help us repair those elevators quickly, whether they were installed in 1968 or 2018.
- In the past few years we have had some very high profile customers move from large multinational elevator contractors to Elevator One. In each case, they have critical elevators to their business and need a premium service elevator contractor. Apotex Pharmaceuticals has freight elevators which are critical to their production line, vertically transporting raw materials and finished products. Their previous elevator contractor could not keep their elevators operating at an acceptable level of performance which was costing Apotex tens of thousands of dollars in downtime. Within months, Elevator One was able to drastically improve the performance, and Apotex is pleased to provide us with glowing references. Jarlette Health Services manages a large number of care homes for the elderly, and their previous multinational elevator company could not adequately respond to service requests, keeping some critical elevators down for weeks and drastically affecting the quality of living for residents. Again, Elevator One was able to come in and quickly deal with legacy issues and implement a new level of professionalism and elevator reliability. These are just a couple of the many stories we can share of the difference we have been able to make for our customers.
Why Choose Elevator One?
It’s important to choose an elevator maintenance company you can trust, not all companies are equal. Here are four reasons why you should choose Elevator One for your maintenance services.
Better Maintenance Equals Less DowntimeOur technicians have sufficient time to perform preventative maintenance which minimizes downtime.
7x Less Breakdowns Than Industry AverageWe have an average of 0.9 trouble calls per elevator per year, compared to an industry average of more than 6!
We Take Breakdowns Very SeriouslyNew customers constantly rave about how quickly we deal with elevator breakdowns – we care!
That Means 10x Less DowntimeWith only 0.9 trouble calls/elevator/year, and our quick response to breakdowns, our customers enjoy 10x less downtime.
How do we do it?
- Our elevators fail 7x less than our competitors, that’s because we spend 4-5x more time on-site doing proper preventative maintenance
- When things do go wrong we respond on average within 15 minutes and are on-site within the hour
- We have far superior technicians that are very professional and friendly
- We have one of the largest inventories of elevator parts in our warehouse and in our vans, way more than our competitors. Unlike our competition, we can often resolve your problem on the first visit because the part is probably in our van, and you won’t have to wait weeks for it to come in.
- Unique in the industry, our team also consists of an in-house EDM-A certified Professional Engineer (P-Eng) with over 30 years of elevator experience.
Elevator One has installed more than 20 Delta MRLs and hydraulic elevators on 10 different Pratt Homes projects.
We minimized the downtime for the senior residents while successfully completing this hydraulic elevator modernization.
We modernized 7 overhead traction elevators and provided exceptional maintenance services for this busy hospital.
We met the customers’ ambitious schedule and installed a high quality, holeless hydraulic Delta elevator.
We have undertaken nearly a dozen modernization projects for various offices and schools for the YRDSB.
Types of elevators
We install, repair and maintain both hydraulic elevators and traction (roped) elevators.
OverheadTraditional overhead roped elevators have machine rooms which are situated directly above the elevator hoistway. While other traction elevator types like machineroomless (MRLs), have gained popularity, overhead traction elevators have some significant post construction advantages. With the key elevator equipment easily accessible, including controllers, elevator machines and braking systems, maintenance technicians can easily access for preventative maintenance.
BasementWhile less frequent, in certain applications it makes sense to have the key traction elevator equipment in a basement machine room. Again, the advantage of this configuration over an MRL, is post construction where equipment is easily accessible to maintenance technicians.
MachineroomlessMachineroomless (MRL) traction elevators have gained popularity in the past decade. Architects, in particular, appreciate this technology because the aesthetically displeasing machine room at the top of a building is no longer needed. The key elevator equipment is found inside the elevator hoistway. The disadvantage of MRLs is that much of the equipment is proprietary to the installing manufacturer leading to challenges post installation. Learn More
IngroundTraditional hydraulic elevator have an inground hydraulic cylinder that is attached below the elevator cab. The advantage to this technology is a quieter ride and the required hoistway size is smaller than a holeless hydraulic elevator where the cylinders are attached to the outside of the cab. The disadvantage of this technology can be high drilling costs (depending on the ground type such as rock) or difficult drilling due to water issues.
HolelessAs the name suggests, a holeless hydraulic elevator does not require that a hole be drilled for the cylinder. Typically, a holeless hydraulic elevator will have cylinders that are attached to the outside of the elevator cab. The advantage to this technology is that contractors do not need to coordinate hole drilling very early in the building project, and ground type is not an issue.
MachineroomlessMRL hydraulic elevators are a relatively new technology. With this technology the required machine room (which houses the hydraulic tank) is no longer needed because it is situated within the hoistway. The disadvantages of this technology is that the equipment is generally very proprietary and very difficult to access for maintenance, thus increasing maintenance costs. Learn More
We provide exceptional elevator services for our customers no matter the make of their elevator. Whether they have an Otis, Schindler, ThyssenKrupp, Delta, Savaria, Garaventa and many more, our team is able to provide exceptional service. We have highly trained elevator technicians with service vehicle stocked full of parts, and a warehouse full of other parts needed for day-to-day repairs.
At Elevator One we provide the same high-level of services integrity and quality. We deal with commercial lift services, accesses and wheelchair elevators, material / freight elevators.